Endleaf Editing LLC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. You may use this website without entering personal information. If you are asked to supply information, it will only be used in ways stated in this policy.
Why do I collect data from you?
I gather and use certain information about you in order to:
- respond to your requests for information (e.g. my availability or a quote for editorial services)
- allow me to contact you while an editing project is ongoing
- enable certain functions on this website
- better understand how visitors use this website
What information do I collect from you?
I collect the following minimal information:
- contact postal address
- email address
- information pertinent to your inquiry (e.g. word count, nature of project, whether you’re an author or an editor)
How do I use this data?
The data I collect is used as follows:
- For my internal accounting processes (e.g. so I can invoice you) and so that I am compliant with my tax authority (IRS) should it request an audit.
- To contact you in response to your inquiry, quote, or booking.
- To give you access to content you have purchased that resides on my website.
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of my editorial services.
Cookies are small text files that your browser downloads and stores on your device. This anonymous data is stored separately from any personal information you may provide during the course of your visit to the website, thereby making it impossible to connect it to any particular person. Cookies are used to improve the website and services. In most cases, these are simply session cookies that are deleted once you leave the website. They also allow the website to recognize your computer when you access the website by way of recognizing your IP address.
- Google Analytics
- To read Google’s privacy statement, and how you can request that I remove your information from my analytics data, see Google’s data privacy policies and approach and its data processing terms.
How do I collect your personal data?
I collect and store minimal information via the following:
- Contact form
I will never lease, distribute, or sell your information to third parties unless you give me permission to do so, or I am required to do so by law. You can ask me to remove your data at any time.
How do I store your personal data?
The minimal information I collect is stored on the following data servers:
How long do I keep your data for?
- The IRS requires me to keep records for 3 years. See “How long should I keep records.”
- Please ask if you want me to delete or amend your records. As long as I’m complying with the IRS’s legal requirements, I’ll act on your request immediately.
With whom is your data shared?
I will not sell, trade, or rent your information to third parties, and I will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. In certain situations, I may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
What security precautions are in place?
This entire site uses SSL/https encryption. The server hosting company also has an aggressive policy toward computer hackers and other server/networking risks, but no online data can be guaranteed 100% secure. In the event of a security breach, Endleaf Editing will notify any affected clients via email.
If you have any questions or requests for modification or removal of your data, you are welcome to contact me.